Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mercy Travels !


It was a genuine day, I was on my way to home. I board my train and sat on a nearby empty seat. Headphones were on with Maroon 5 numbers. My eyes were rolling to every visible direction when suddenly it ceased at a girl's deploring eyes. She was talking on the phone and crying hard, sought of convincing someone. I turned off my music, but to my despite the only words which was audible were...

"Pity on me"
 "Mercy please" 
"Mercy, Mercy, Mercy ..... "

 She went off, engraving the word "Mercy" in my thoughts which pulled me back in my past.... 



I was in my first year of Junior College, highly keened with the vicissitude of atmosphere, faces and friends. Neha, was the my favorite traveling partner in those days. She resides in Vasai at a distance of about 1hr (by vehicle) from station. Once, she invited me on her birthday. The party was hellacious I enjoyed a lot. I promised Neha i will reach home safely so she need not worry, while I was getting into the rickshaw. My phone was already battery-less, to the retort rickshaw got punctured with no extra tyres to replace. A devoid road with few pedestrians(male) and myself being half dresses lead to a situation which can make anyone unsettle, curved before me. "How am I going to reach home?", There was no other option beside walking.




 I went on my feet. After walking nearly about 30 minutes I came across many liquor shops, all in a row. Legs were paining, mind already stressed off and the real danger stood before me. I kept my cool and tried to walk as fast as my feet allowed me. When I turned back 3 men were following me. Their eyes were full of greed and they smelled awful which brimmed my heart and mind by my own black thoughts. I pulled off my heals and started running, they too increased their speed. Within a minute, there came a bus known as "Mercy Travels". The conductor asked me, "On for station?", I replied "Yes!". Then I didn't bother to see anywhere else and stepped in. The bus was empty, a driver, conductor and myself were the only people traveling in it. The conductor came towards me and gave me my ticket. He was too perfect to be called as a simple bus conductor, pale skin, well shaped nose, sparkling eyes, tall and muscular just like a movie hero. Within 30 minutes I reached my stop. After getting off, I turned back to have a view at the bus and to my surprise it vanished as if it never existed. There wasn't any U turn from that respected stop, then where the hell would have the bus took off from?.... *still remains a mystery*! 

- Dark Shadow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers