Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Hewed Hearts


 

How am I supposed to mend wounds that never heal? When feelings devour from within and assault while tears collapse into the Earth, how are we meant to continue? Black holes in my heart have swallowed all that there was to feel and cherish. Barren wastelands now cover my emotional core. I care not to feel, I don’t long for it. Feelings have too long lied down their ravenous traps, to swallow the sun and kill the light of the stars. Still, there is hope while truth shines in her eyes of blue. But I must depart now, leave these shores to wax and wane under the freezing stars. Death comes creeping from deep in the blood, love has never seen such hewed hearts. Yet my love, there is no need to weep, for never it was intended for you and me yo last. Only foolish hopes sheltered by drunken hearts were kept by our side. The howling winds have come now and erased all that once was.

Would you take a walk with me still? Even if all we ever hoped lies dead before us? Can you take my hand and walk through the garden of Eden as fire pours from the sky? Would you manage this knowledge?

- Dark Shadow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers