Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

And Sometimes, Parents Hurt!




When the day is long and the night, the night is yours alone,
When you’re sure you’ve had enough of this life, well hang on
Don’t let yourself go, ’cause everybody cries and everybody hurts sometimes

Sometimes everything is wrong. Now it’s time to sing along
When your day is night alone, (hold on, hold on)
If you feel like letting go, (hold on)
When you think you’ve had too much of this life, well hang on

‘Cause everybody hurts. Take comfort in your friends
Everybody hurts. Don’t throw your hand. Oh, no. Don’t throw your hand
If you feel like you’re alone, no, no, no, you are not alone

If you’re on your own in this life, the days and nights are long,
When you think you’ve had too much of this life to hang on

Well, everybody hurts sometimes,
Everybody cries. And everybody hurts sometimes
And everybody hurts sometimes. So, hold on, hold on
Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on
Everybody hurts. You are not alone
R.E.M


One thing, a tough thing, to learn is that your real family is not the people who gave life to you. No, you are supposed to love them and respect them and take them for granted, but sometimes you just can’t. Sometimes you have to go out and search for a family of your own, people who really care of you, who want you to be happy and to live a happy life. Not people that keep on telling you that you don’t have a future, unless you do what they tell you, people who look at you as something else than a Straight A machine. And you come to realize that you don’t know them at all, and that they don’t know you at all.

But you have to overtake them and say, hey people, this is who I am. Sorry if I’m not who you expected me to be, sorry if I turned up different from what you planned. But see, this is a risk you took when you decided to give me life, and well, why did you did it if you knew you could lose? Because this is me and I’m not going to change just to please you. I’ve pleased you long enough for now. Now it is time to please me, to learn, to stand for me, to show the world what I can do.

And by the way, thank you love, thank you for helping me, thank you for being there when I need you, thank you for existing. You are wonderful, you are amazing. Thanks for being a reason not to jump from a bridge. I love you.   

- Dark Shadow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers