Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Leaving Yesterday Behind !

Last night, when I was about to sleep, a certain song just popped into my head out of nowhere. I haven’t heard this song for so long. It was very timely actually, since it’s all about what I’ve been trying to do for a little while now, leaving the past behind and trying to move on with my life. So I got my iPod, located the song, and listened to it. I could totally relate to the words of the song. 
The lyrics goes like this:
 reminiscing.jpg
Since you left me, I never really tried
To put my life to where it should belong
And I’ve always let the past gone by
I’m realizing that it could be wrong
But now I finally knew, I had to let it go
To make way for a brighter tomorrow
So now I’m leaving yesterday behind
And finally I’ve made up my mind
To let the memories stay away
And think about today
I’m leaving yesterday behind
‘Cause now I’ll try to live my life once more
The way I did before
Since I know that I never will forget
The memories that made my yesterday
I will try not to let it interfere
The choices I will make along the way
‘Cause I’m not living in a world of fantasy
I’m here now in the world of reality

The song is called Leaving Yesterday Behind, and listening to it, I realized I’m still not able to let the past go completely yet. I know I’ve been trying to move forward and not to think too much of yesterday, but there are times when I would still look back and ponder on things, like what went wrong, or what changed. Of course, the getting over process is not easy, and it certainly won’t happen overnight. It will probably take months, if not years.
I must admit, memories of the past still wash over me from time to time, and I still get overwhelmed. But I know I should start learning how to let go completely, because that’s the only way I could go on with my life. If I’ll just allow myself to be tied to the past, I won’t be able to see and enjoy what the future has in store for me, right?
I replayed the song a few times before I finally fell asleep. I don’t know what made me remember that song again, but I’m glad I did. It’s definitely time to move on… and leave yesterday behind.

2 comments:

santosh said...

Its really awesome...On my point of view yesterday is history,tomorrow is mystery, but today is a gift...Thats why it is called present...

Dark Shadow! said...

Yeah ! absolutely correct.
Thanks ! :-)

Post a Comment

Followers